Sunday, November 29, 2009

I saw you twice today.

I saw you as a new visitor today. Sitting alone, but enthusiastic about being in church. You smiled at me as I walked past, and I stopped and greeted you. You told me you were "thinking about joining the choir." I said, "Wonderful! Tell me your name." You replied, "+" and I said, "Welcome!"

Later as I was returning to my pew, I saw you sitting in the back. I recognized you at once and I smiled and waved to you. You waved back. After the service you came up to me inquiring about some children's Advent material at the back of the church. I explained that you would need the small booklet with the stickers as well. I was thankful to see "++" again, as I hadn't seen him in a while. "++" is very special. Sometimes "++" likes to sit with me in church. I show him the bulletin and what page we are on. "++" doesn't say much, but whenever the hymns are being sung, "++" sings loud and with pride!

Both of these gentle-men are what folks call "mentally challenged." Today, I have seen them as the Face of Christ and I am the one who is blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment