Sunday, December 6, 2009

A gift of rest

I am tired today and not at my best. My energy bottomed out sometime early this afternoon. I thought about yesterday and how YOU filled me with such an energetic kind of joy. I should like to have that same energy now, but I don’t. Today, while the joy is there, it is a quiet, still kind of joy. A type of present that I am content to just hold for a while and do nothing more than to know its existence. You are with me in this stillness and provide for me rest, which is what I need most just now. I always give YOU thanks when I have the stamina to do what needs to be done just as I give YOU thanks for the time I have to rest. In these two simple prayers, I am stating that I know it is YOU that provides for my every need, big or small. It is YOU that opens my heart to know YOUR presence with me in all manner of things.

Today, I know YOU as the ONE who holds me while I take my rest in YOU.

No comments:

Post a Comment