Wednesday, December 23, 2009

YOUR presence in the night

I closed the office door and looked up at the night sky. Clear as glass with only the moon and one bright star. I wanted to just stand there staring up at that clear sky. I wanted to stand there and talk to the One who made all that. But, it was quite cold and I was very tired so I walked home. I cannot see the sky from the windows of my cell. I am surrounded by walls and rooftops. I wonder what I missed walking away from this God-given gift. That vision of clarity haunts me even now. Perhaps it is not the vision itself but what it represents that haunts me. I long for clarity at this time. Clarity about my vocation. Clarity about life, health and family, too. But just like the certainty of God’s hand in that beautiful night sky, I know that God is here, now and when it is time, God will reveal what needs to be revealed.

No comments:

Post a Comment