Thursday, December 3, 2009

Your face is light.

As I was leaving my building this morning, I noticed a beautiful golden light. It was coming from one of the four Trinity windows in the church tower. I’ve never seen this light before and it was awesome. My thoughts took me to baptism. “Receive the light of Christ” keeps echoing in my mind. I stopped and wondered if there was a light in the tower that I was not aware of. I checked with the church sexton later and he didn’t know of any. I could have stood there staring at that glow all day. But, it didn’t last. The sun went away and clouds quickly moved in.

I stopped to look at the tower this evening as I was going home. No light in the tower. But the phrase, “Receive the light of Christ” was still with me. It was YOU wasn’t it? And I did receive the Light of Christ indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment