Friday, December 11, 2009

YOUR warmth in the cold

As I headed out the door to work today I was reminded just how cold and brutal winter is. I am instantly concerned for those who are without shelter and without warmth, be it the homeless, the elderly, those who cannot afford heat, animals or those who must work in this bitter cold. I am instantly put to prayer. I feel unworthy that I have all that I need. I feel blessed that I have all that I need. I cannot do anything about the cold and wind, but I can pray. And, my prayer is this: Most Holy One, you have provided for my every need. Remember your children who are without basic necessities, especially in this bitter, cold weather. Open the hearts of those who govern us here to demand equality for all God’s people. Protect those who suffer from the cold of winter and bring them to places of safety and warmth; wrap them in your loving arms so they will feel your comforting, warm, presence with them. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment