Sunday, December 13, 2009

Rejoice!

Today, I was blessed with the discovery of a new word. A word I had never heard before, “Guadete”. I suppose most Christians recognize this word for rejoicing in the Third Sunday of Advent which is ritually symbolized by lighting a rose colored candle. That explains the candle for me. I don’t really know why I never questioned why there was a pink candle in the Advent Wreath. Just something that is done on the third Sunday. I giggle to myself as I think of how this simple minded, middle-aged woman is learning new and wonderful things at this time of life. I wonder that if I had been more educated when I was younger, would I have appreciated these new findings later in life as I do now? There is much more to this word than I am writing and encourage you to research its history. Perhaps we can REJOICE together in the discovery of CHRIST in our journey during this Advent.

No comments:

Post a Comment