Friday, February 26, 2010

From all false doctrine, heresy and schism; Good Lord, deliver us.

From all false doctrine, heresy, and schism; from hardness of heart, and contempt of thy Word and commandment, Good Lord, deliver us.

"I hate God! How can you belive in a God that would do that to his son?" My own son asked incredulsouly. My son was a teenager at the time trying to figure out what God and Christianity meant to him.

You see, at the age of 9, my son had a kind of revelation during the Stations of the Cross. He got it...and it hit him hard. He cried and cried for the pain and suffering that our Lord had gone through. But he only got half of the story. It's the other half of that story, the reason behind the suffering and the victory over death that he has yet to understand. It's the love that God has for us, His beloved children that my son has yet to accept. I belive that through my son's experience at such a young age, he has experienced that love only didn't fully understand and still doesn't.

My son is still struggling with this as he proudly wears a tatoo of the Episcopal Church shield on his arm and when visiting wants to go to "his" church. He tells me (and himself) that he goes for me. I know different. So does God.

No comments:

Post a Comment