Saturday, February 27, 2010

From lightning and tempest; Good Lord, deliver us.

From lightning and tempest; from earthquake, fire, and flood; from plague, pestilence, and famine, Good Lord, deliver us.

As I sat down to do the next entry and read the words of what I must blog about, I found this line in the litany unsettling. I remember to pray first and then write, not wanting to rush into this entry bringing my own words to print, but to remember that I desire this blog to be words of encouragement and love from Our Lord--not me.

Still, the news today has been of yet another earthquake--this one in Chile and accompanies warnings of a tsunami in the Pacific. The earthquake hits home. Not literally, but emotionally in a most fearsome way. My grandson lives in Chile where an horrific earthquake of 8.8 has occurred.

My daughter has been beside herself with worry over her child and his family there. There has been a huge outpouring of support through prayer directed our way. I had spent the day in silence and prayer as I do every Ember Saturday leaving all of this in God's care. I trust God to be with those I love and those I cannot be with and those I cannot comfort. I trust God in all manner of things.

Into your hands, O Lord, I commend my loved ones. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment