Thursday, February 25, 2010

From all inordinate and sinful affections; Good Lord, deliver us.

From all inordinate and sinful affections; and from all the deceits of the world, the flesh, and the devil, Good Lord, deliver us.

I once had a true gentleman ask me to marry him. He was well known and well liked. This union would have meant I wouldn't have to work any more; I wouldn't have to worry about money or debt or anything. It would have been the answer to a lot of prayers. But it would have been the wrong answer.

I sat down to do evening prayer shortly after the proposal and Christ entered my heart and mind. I knew instantly the depth of love and the lengths that my True Beloved would go to that I might have what I desired. I knew instantly that what I truly desired was already with me...I need not look elsewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment