Monday, February 22, 2010

Remember not, Lord Christ, our offenses... Spare us, good Lord.

Remember not, Lord Christ, our offenses, nor the offenses of our forefathers; neither reward us according to our sins. Spare us, good Lord, spare thy people, whom thou hast redeemed with thy most precious blood, and by thy mercy preserve us for ever. Spare us, good Lord.

It's a little like cleaning the house for expected guests. People come into the home and see what hasn't been done--not what has been done. They won't know that I spent hours, maybe days cleaning and preparing. They won't know that I cleaned that special place that usually goes untouched except when company comes. They won't know the care that was taken to make sure their stay was as comfortable as possible. They may notice, however that little speck of something that was forgotten, the book that isn't sitting quite right on the shelf or they may see that imperfection that can't be fixed at this time.

The point is, God notices everything; all my shortcomings, all my mistakes, all of my own imperfections...and God has already overlooked all of them. God knows that I tried--when I indeed tried and God knows when I haven't tried hard enough. As for my sins, Christ has washed them away with His blood. It is up to me to do my best in all circumstances. More, it is up to me to do my best with a true heart in all I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment