Monday, March 29, 2010

O Lamb of God, that takest away the sins of the world

Grant us thy peace.

I've been praying all day for grace. I've felt out of sorts most of the day, for one reason or another and none of them good enough to feel out of sorts about. I should have been praying for peace, calmness, serenity. I was almost calm after saying the noonday office and thankful for the company today. Unfortunately it didn't stick. I just didn't have the energy to fight for that peace today. Ah, therein lies the problem. I'm not really at war with anything, just with myself. I have earnestly left all the problems that usually plague me during such a busy time in God's capable hands...and it has been good. That is, until today. Today, I just seemed to "want" to be at war with something/someone. It didn't matter what or who, it just was the way I was feeling today. That awful feeling was accompanied by one of remorse. So, after feeling like fighting some unknown foe and losing the battle, I felt worse having betrayed my promise to my Lord. My saving grace is that I recognize what happened; I can name it and I can release it again. That does bring peace. Thanks be to God!

No comments:

Post a Comment