Thursday, March 25, 2010

That it may please thee to grant that, in the fellowship of all the saints, we may attain to thy heavenly kingdom

That it may please thee to grant that, in the fellowship of all the saints, we may attain to thy heavenly kingdom, We beseech thee to hear us, good Lord.

How comforting it is to know that we are in the "fellowship of saints" and that what they have done before us have left us with a legacy of enrichment to guide us on our earthly pilgrimage. There are so many saints that I have read about and so many that I want to read about and still, so many that I've never even heard of yet. Some of my patrons are Michael the Archangel, Joan of Arc, Julian of Norwich, Benedict of Nursia, Padre Pio, C. S. Lewis, John of the Cross, Ignatius of Loyola, Thomas Merton, Marie-Helen, and the list goes on. Some are very personal bearers of light in my journey and others a shadow hanging around for some reason unbeknownst to me. It is a good thing to remember, study and get to know the saints; especially those saints that are here beside us today, before they go on to that heavenly kingdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment