Friday, March 12, 2010

That it may please thee to make wars to cease in all the world

That it may please thee to make wars to cease in all the world; to give to all nations unity, peace, and concord; and to bestow freedom upon all peoples, We beseech thee to hear us, good Lord.

Somewhere back in my youth I remember the thought that was passed around, "What if they declared a war and nobody came?" I used to think that would be so wonderful. I still think that it would be wonderful and I wonder would there/could there ever be such a peace? Am I still so naive to think in those terms? Yes, and why not? In God all things are possible. WE however, must do our part to make that peace, that freedom for all peoples possible. I must do all I can to be that peaceful presence that, as St. Seraphim said, "thousands may be saved". Knowing or unknowingly, as long as I present peace to others, they will know peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment