Saturday, March 6, 2010

That it may please thee to bless and keep all thy people,

That it may please thee to bless and keep all thy people, We beseech thee to hear us, good Lord.

Wherever I am, whatever else I am doing, I am praying. I see people on the streets, in the store, at work, driving and I am praying for them. "God Speed" I say to those I see and the meaning behind that two word phrase is: "God grant you safety in your journey, grace in your day and respect for those around you." These little "arrow" prayers serve a dual purpose. Not only am I praying for everyone (and I do mean EVERYONE) around me, but I am living my vocation of prayer to the fullest.

So, if you are ever with me and I'm silent, now you know. If I am talking and I stop and start again, now you know. Prayer "without ceasing" means staying focused and staying in the presence of the Holy. It's hard to forget about God, when you are constantly saying, "Here's another one for you!"

No comments:

Post a Comment