Wednesday, March 24, 2010

That it may please thee to grant to all the faithful departed eternal life and peace

We beseech thee to hear us, good Lord.

Over the years I've put down some of the things that I want to happen at my funeral service. I'm not being morose, I'm just planning ahead. Yes, I have the usual favorite psalm verses and I'm still thinking about music, but what I want most is celebration. I wonder at my selfishness in my planning. It's always hardest on those left behind. So, I've allowed for 60 seconds of tears. I've also included a moment of required laughter in my service. I want joy! After all, I will be going HOME! Home to the Great Banquet. Home, at last, to my Beloved and all those who have gone before me. It's gonna be a grand ol' time! Let's face it, the journey from life to death will have been long and hard, but it is only termporal. Hopefully, I will have lived a good life, a peaceful life, a Christ centered life. And when I go home, I will have life eternal!

No comments:

Post a Comment