Friday, March 19, 2010

That it may please thee to support, help, and comfort all who are in danger

That it may please thee to support, help, and comfort all who are in danger, necessity, and tribulation, We beseech thee to hear us, good Lord.

A dear friend tells me her son is going to jail. Again. My heart goes out to her as she fears for his life in both a physical and emotional way. She knows deep within that it's not her fault and that her son needs help. She has done everything she knows how to do to help him. Now, it's his turn to do what must be done so that he can begin to heal from the dark pain deep within him.

All I can do is listen and support my friend. I tell her I pray for each of them, but it sounds too simple. Yet, I know that simple prayer is the best because it is prayer that comes from the very core of the soul. I know that God hears all prayer, but really does not desire lots of words or gestures; only true prayer that comes from deep within. That same "deepness" where my friend is hurting is the place where God dwells. Even in my friend's son's deep, dark, despair, God is there, ready to bring him healing if he will just look inward and see God there.

No comments:

Post a Comment