Tuesday, March 23, 2010

That it may please thee to strengthen such as do stand

That it may please thee to strengthen such as do stand; to comfort and help the weak-hearted; to raise up those who fall; and finally to beat down Satan under our feet, We beseech thee to hear us, good Lord.

As a spiritual companion, I like to think I am also an encourager of faith and faith journeys. I don't tell people what they want to hear, but I do promise to pray for them and walk with them in their search for a closer relationship with God. I hope and pray I'm doing it right. It worries me that I might cause some injury to another's soul. That's why I got a certificate in Spiritual Direction and that's why I pray when we meet. I pray that God's presence blanket us; that only God's voice be heard to each of us and that we be protected one from the other. That last part surprises some, but it's an honest prayer. I don't want my stuff spilling over in our time together and I don't want to be "hooked" by anything the other might say. I truly trust that we are not alone when we meet and that everything that is said will be interpreted as God would have it be. My desire in companioning others is to build a strong army of faithful that will be able to stand firm in times of spiritual weakness. May it please God to make it so.

No comments:

Post a Comment