Monday, March 15, 2010

That It may please thee to inspire us, in our several callings

That It may please thee to inspire us, in our several callings, to do the work which thou givest us to do with singleness of heart as thy servants, and for the common good, We beseech thee to hear us, good Lord.

It took me two years before I said, "Yes" to God. Two years of praying, denying, screaming, foot-stomping, "NO!" At the end of two years, I was exhausted from the fight and gave up. I said, "Yes" because I could no longer say, "No". I said, "Yes" because the desire to find out what God wanted me to do was greater than my desire to continue a path of uncertainty. I had no idea where that "Yes" would take me or how I would get there, but I trusted that if God wanted me, He would show me the way...and He did. Once I said, "Yes", my whole world changed almost instantly as if someone turned on a switch. Every door that was supposed to open, did and every door that needed to be closed, closed. Every tool that I needed was provided and continues to be to this day. I am still amazed at how it all happened. I am amazed at why I fought so hard when all I needed to do was trust in God's plan for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment