Saturday, March 13, 2010

That it may please thee to show thy pity upon all prisoners and captives

That it may please thee to show thy pity upon all prisoners and captives, the homeless and the hungry, and all who are desolate and oppressed, We beseech thee to hear us, good Lord.

I think that in some small way each of us has experienced these cruel situations. I have been imprisoned by some vice. I have been held captive by the society in which I live. I have felt lost, alone, homeless and hungry by the way I lived my life. I have felt these things as I hungered for something better. In each situation, as minute in comparison to the reality of those terms is, the pain for me was real. But through each trial, God was able to reach through the walls of my prison and touch me; reach into the hearts of others to help me; reach into my soul and cradle me. I shall not take the blessings of God for granted because I never want to experience those cruelties again. Knowing what I have felt, I pray for others who have not yet experienced the life saving grace of our Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment