Monday, March 1, 2010

By the mystery of thy holy Incarnation; Good Lord, deliver us.

By the mystery of thy holy Incarnation; by thy holy Nativity and submission to the Law; by thy Baptism, Fasting, and Temptation, Good Lord, deliver us.

A "Sister in Christ" posted a photo of a chipmunk that appeared to be holding a little blue flower. I posted back and asked if that flower was being given to her by God's creature. It's more than a nice thought; it's the way I truly see God. In the same way of the mystery of God's Holy Incarnation, birth, living, dying and victory, I see the mystery of all God's creation as a Holy Blessing--a Holy reminder that this Incarnation is still present with each of us and all around us. Seeing the Holy and knowing the presence of the Holy brings depth into my life and keeps me focused. I am so thankful for these gentle reminders--glimpses into the Holy that reassures, reaffirms and keeps alive the Christmas story; Emmanuel-God with us. Still. Always.

No comments:

Post a Comment