Wednesday, March 17, 2010

That it may please thee to preserve, and provide for, all women in childbirth

That it may please thee to preserve, and provide for, all women in childbirth, young children and orphans, the widowed, and all whose homes are broken or torn by strife, We beseech thee to hear us, good Lord.

I know of no greater love than God's love for me. In God's love, through Christ, I have been well provided for, protected, comforted and have experienced all the things any spouse should. I asked for a safe place to dwell and my Beloved blessed me with all that I needed in securing that. I have been afraid and my Beloved blessed me with the protection of the Saints. I have felt lonely and my Beloved blessed me with His calming Presence. When I call upon my Beloved's name, He hears me. When I cry, my Beloved consoles me. When I am angry, my Beloved listens to me. Christ, my Beloved is who wakes me in the morning and walks with me throughout my day. Christ, my Beloved is my first thought and my last and watches over me while I sleep. I pray that I might be a worthy spouse to my Beloved.

No comments:

Post a Comment