Sunday, March 21, 2010

That it may please thee to give us true repentance

That it may please thee to give us true repentance; to forgive us all our sins, negligences, and ignorances; and to endue us with the grace of thy Holy Spirit to amend our lives according to thy holy Word, We beseech thee to hear us, good Lord.

There is a song that came out around 2003, but I'm not quite sure. It's a love song but for me says much in regard to repentance. The song is by a group called Hoobastank. Don't ask, I have no clue who they are, I heard the song on the radio a few years back and thought, "Wow. This is exactly my prayer." The song is, "The Reason". The lyrics, in part are:

"I'm not a perfect person
There's many things I wish I didn't do
But I continue learning
I never meant to do those things to you
And so I have to say before I go
That I just want you to know

I've found a reason for me
To change who I used to be
A reason to start over new
and the reason is you"


I really like this song because it speaks to my feelings about my own repentance and walk with Christ. Yes, the "reason" I have been able to repent, to change my life and to start over new is Christ. It may not be "your cup of tea", but I encourage you to look it up, read the words and listen to it. See where it takes YOU.

No comments:

Post a Comment