Thursday, March 11, 2010

That it may please thee so to rule the hearts of thy servants

That it may please thee so to rule the hearts of thy servants, the President of the United States (or of this nation), and all others in authority, that they may do justice, and love mercy, and walk in the ways of truth, We beseech thee to hear us, good Lord.

When I reflect on this line of the litany, my thoughts take me to Sr. Teresa of Calcutta. There is the spirit of justice, mercy and truth. There is a woman I admire and wish I could be more like.

I think most of us have an inner desire to do these things and some are skilled at it and live out this ministry to the fullest. But of those, who like me, only dream of doing that kind of mission work, we can at least pray for those who do. Pray for those whose life is in mission work. Pray for continued guidance in their ministry. Pray for strength and stamina. Pray for protection that they may do their work in peace and safety. Pray for true justice, mercy and truth to be known throughout the world so that we may all be one, united in peace by the great power of our Lord, Jesus Christ. Pray for every nation and every inhabitant of this earth, "our island home".

1 comment:

  1. your prayer touched me. I'm praying! I found this site helpful www.holylandprayer.com Check it; maybe it gives you a relief. God bless.

    ReplyDelete